Top Five Takeaways
- Ad-blocking has gone mainstream. More than 200 million people around the globe utilize some form of ad-blocking software — a 41 percent increase YoY.
- Yet as people are blocking ads they are creating more of their own content than ever before and doing so across an ever-proliferating range of channels and platforms.
- Word-of-mouth continues to be the most effective marketing channel: One WOM impression drives at least 5X the sales as a paid impression.
- Brands can build relevance by identifying subcultures of consumers and empowering them as storytellers.
- As marketing takes on a more balanced approach, measurement practices should evolve as well. This means ascribing value to consumer feedback and content collected in addition to simply counting impressions served.
Download now to learn what it takes to ready your brand for a people-powered future.