Top Five Findings
- 75 percent of people visit Facebook during their pre-shopping planning, where friends and family share their advice and recommendations.
- While most shoppers are making their purchases in stores, more than 80 percent are using their phones to compare prices on other sites and social networks.
- 47 percent of people look to write a review after buying, solidifying a connection between the shopper and the brand, and welcoming in others looking to buy in the future.
- Of those people who write reviews after buying, 68 percent will purchase from the same brand again within 3 months.
- More than a third of shoppers polled are looking for a quality relationship where they feel genuinely heard by the brand: 71 percent would rather communicate socially through surveys (like on Crowdtap!) and on social media than receive an email or join a VIP program.
Download this report to understand how social media is influencing the ways shoppers plan and purchase.