Top Five Findings
- 40 percent of people planning a trip ignore tourism ads
- 75 percent of millennials (ages 18-34) look to reviews, blog posts, status updates and in-person conversations from real people to make travel decisions more than travel advertisements
- 65 percent of people want adventurous outdoor activities, 63 percent seek local shopping and 60 percent hunt for renowned food
- More than 70 percent of travelers share photos to Facebook and Instagram, while about 60 percent will post stories and statuses about their travels
- 45 percent of travellers share reviews of their experiences with more than 10 percent posting photo to sites like TripAdvisor and Yelp
Download this report to understand how travel & hospitality brands can earn loyalty by being attentive to the power of UGC and word-of-mouth.